Jobs at Shore Publishing
Specialty Publications Editor
Shore Publishing/Zip06.com is seeking a full time specialty publications editor in Madison. The position will be responsible for coordinating Shore Publishing’s large variety of special publications in print and online as well as a variety of writing, editing, and social media duties associated with the weekly papers and daily website. The successful candidate for this detail- and deadline driven position will have extensive experience in news writing, editing, design, and new media. For consideration, please send cover letter, résumé, and clips to Editor Brian Boyd at email@example.com.
Shore Publishing/Zip06.com is seeking a 35-plus hour staff writer/editor in the lower Connecticut River Valley. The reporter will be responsible for covering a wide range of sports news and features for our print and online publications. The successful candidate for this detail- and deadline driven position will have experience in sports writing, photography, and social media. For consideration, please send a cover letter, résumé, and clips to Sports Editor Chris Piccirillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multimedia Sales Executive
As a Multimedia Sales Executive, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new clients to increase revenue within the already established territory. You will leverage our extensive portfolio of both print and digital services and audience insights to create and recommend personalized multimedia marketing campaigns for our business customers, connecting them to prime prospects and maximizing their ROI.
- Work as a partner to help clients reach their goals, owning the entire sales process from start to finish.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of The Days sales and marketing portfolio, including newspaper products, digital marketing services and non-traditional offerings (events, promotions, etc.)
- Effectively create and recommend products and services that meet the customer’s needs, based off a Client Needs Analysis
- Provide exceptional customer service, maintaining the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the market and in the workplace.
- Consistently meet and exceed print and digital revenue targets.
- Regular communication with management and completion of all required sales process activities.
- Embrace new products or programs as the company continues to diversify and test new revenue streams.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis.
- Ability to prospect new business via cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed.
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
- Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills.
- Strong time management and follow up skills.
- Organized with attention for detail.
- Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of one-year sales experience, preferably in outside sales
- Prior experience in digital marketing sales highly desirable
This position includes a base salary plus commissions based on revenue generated towards your targeted goals. Benefits afforded to all our fulltime employees include health, dental, vision, 401k, STD, LTD, 6 holidays, sick, personal and vacation days.
Are you ready to join our team and do work that matters in an innovative, mission-driven, diverse work environment, with equally impassioned colleagues across the region? Apply today!
Those interested, email qualifications and compensation requirements to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V