This is a printer-friendly version of an article from

10/17/2017 12:00 AM

Police Incident Report for Oct. 4 to 10

The Valley Courier publishes a Police Incident Report to inform residents of incidents, criminal activities, and police responses occurring in the towns of Essex, Deep River, and Chester. As those charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty, the report does not include names. It may be edited for space and content.


Wednesday, Oct. 4 to Tuesday, Oct. 10

No arrests were made.

Deep River

Wednesday, Oct. 4 to Friday, Oct. 6

No arrests were made.

Saturday, Oct. 7

• A 70 year-old man of Warsaw Street was arrested at 7:47 p.m. on a warrant charging him with criminal trespass in the first degree. On July 20 the accused entered the property of a neighbor with a tree cutting service to cut down a tree after the neighbor told him that he could not enter his property.

Sunday, Oct. 8

• A 35 year-old woman of Winter Avenue was arrested at 9:50 p.m. and charged with criminal violation of a protective order.

Monday, Oct. 9 to Tuesday, Oct. 10

No arrests were made.


Wednesday, Oct. 4

No arrests were made.

• A 49 year-old Glastonbury man was issued a citation at 7:46 p.m. for failure to grant right of way at a private driveway after the 2011 Porsche Cayenne he was operating on Westbrook Road collided with a 2005 Hyundai Tucson operated by a 42 year-old woman of Boston Post Road. The operator of the Hyundai claimed injuries to her head, neck, chest, and hips. A 15 year-old boy who was seated in the front passenger seat of the Hyundai claimed injury to his waist area. Both the driver and the passenger were transported to Essex Ambulance to the Middlesex Hospital Shoreline Medical Clinic for evaluation. The cited driver claimed no injuries.

Thursday, Oct. 5

• A 59 year-old Middletown man was arrested at 8:19 p.m. and charged with interfering with an officer and breach of peace following the report of an intoxicated man at the Griswold Inn who refused to leave. The intoxicated man demanded a room and when he was told that he would not be given a room because he was intoxicated, he became belligerent and menacing toward the female complainant. When the responding trooper arrived, the accused became belligerent and profane once again and refused to identify himself. Once he finally produced his wallet, he became abusive and shouted profanities and actively resisted attempts of the trooper to place him in handcuffs. The trooper took the accused down to the floor. The accused still refused to place his hands behind his back. A second trooper arrived the handcuffs were applied. The accused was escorted to a cruiser, continued to shout profanities, and resisted being placed into the cruiser. The accused sustained minor arm and knee abrasions from his active struggling on the concrete sidewalk just outside the cruiser. EMS treated the accused for his abrasions while he was in custody at the Troop F barracks. He refused to be transported to a medical facility.

Friday, Oct. 6 to Tuesday, Oct. 10

No arrests were made.

Senior correspondent Jason J. Marchi compiles the Police Incident Report.