To make updates to your Zip06 account or requets changes to your newspaper delivery, please choose an option below.
If you have an account, please login! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
A Zip06 account will allow you to post to the online calendar, contribute to News From You, and interact with the Zip06 community. It's free to sign-up!Click here to get started!
We're happy you've decided to join the Zip06 community. Please fill out this short registration form to begin sharing content with your neighbors.
We can help! Enter the email address registered to your account below to have your password emailed to you.
Fill out the form below to email this story to a friend×
The following residents were named to the dean’s, president’s, and/or merit lists at their respective colleges and universities for the spring 2017 semester, unless otherwise noted. The student’s class year is that which pertained at the time of the achievement.
• American International College: Trent Dillon of Branford.
• Castleton University: Emily McColl of Branford.
• Clarkson University: Conor Smith of Branford.
• Coastal Carolina University: Jacob Santos of Branford.
• Curry College: Samantha Anastasio of Branford, Mariana Delgaudio of North Branford, Michael Demaio of Branford, Ashley Fantauzzi of Branford, and Kelly Parker of North Branford.
• Dickinson State University: Amanda D’Aniello of Branford.
• Eastern Connecticut State University: Stephanie Delucia of Branford, Allison Greenberg of Branford, Bailey Haak of North Branford, Stephanie Hogan of Northford, Kyle Hottin of North Branford, Nicole Phillips of North Branford, and Angelica Reilly of Northford.
• Emmanuel College: Kevin Oxsalida of Branford.
• Florida Institute of Technology: Joshua Dobos of Northford.
• Goodwin College: Stephanie Barthel of Northford, Christine Blakney of Branford, Samantha Hemstock of Northford, and Amy Ragozzino of North Branford.
• James Madison University: Miriah Quinn Ventre of Branford.
• Keene State College: Brian Fitter of Branford, Ariel Hansen of Branford, Erin Stiegler of Northford, and Jennifer Weston of Branford.
• King’s College: Nicolle Fin of Northford.
• Mount Ida College: Ryan Gries of Northford, and Kaylee Mahon of Branford.
• Quinnipiac University: Rexhina Balliu of North Branford, Audra Catania of North Branford, Megan Dahle of Branford, William Duffy of Branford, Morgan Fair of North Branford, Maria Ferraro of Branford, Rebecca Folz of North Branford, Giuliana Grosso of Branford, Courtney Kent of Branford, Robert Klouda of Branford, Steven Koch of Branford, Justin Krawec of North Branford, Dylan Latella of Branford, Kristy Latella of Branford, Cynthia Lerman of Branford, Ali Luchini of Branford, Lisa MacLachlan of Branford, Jillian Marsico of Branford, Stephanie Meffert of Branford, Cody Michaels of Branford, Nicole Montalto of North Branford, Sara Olsen of North Branford, Zelia Pantani of Branford, Sara Sounthanavong of Branford, Christopher Stankiewicz of North Branford, Margaret Sullivan of North Branford, and Christian Treiber of Branford.
• Springfield College: Richard Jacobson of Branford.
• UMass Dartmouth: Hunter Carden of Branford.
• Worcester Polytechnic Institute: Blake Rice of North Branford, Justin Waters of Branford, and Scott Weber of Branford.Dean’s List for Spring 2017
• Southern Connecticut State University: Syed Ahmed of Branford, Christopher Ardito of Northford, Benjamin Backes of Branford, Samantha Bailey of Branford, Jessica Bainer of Branford, Lisa Balzano of Branford, Anna Broggi of Branford, Marie Buckanavage of Branford, Sara Consolo of Branford, Alana Cotton of Northford, Vittoria Cristante of North Branford, Brooke Dedushi of Branford, Julia DeFrances of Branford, Chelsea DellaRocca of North Branford, Tara Dering of Branford, Sophia Didiano of North Branford, Meaghan Dupuis of North Branford, Tyler D’urso of Branford, Bryana Ferretti of Branford, Lauren Fisco of North Branford, Cynthia Floyd of Branford, Jennifer Flynn of Branford, Madison Fries of North Branford, Katlyn Gallo of Branford, Gabrielle Giammattei of North Branford, Santino Giannini of Branford, Alyson Gontarski of Branford, Salvatore Gullo of Northford, Frederick Hahne of Branford, Caroline Heilbroner-Hammel of Branford, Meredith Jessey of Branford, Zachary Johnson of Northford, Maria Keating of Branford, Marcello Lagreca of Branford, Daniel Landino of North Branford, Joann Lehr of Branford, Katelyn Lillquist of Branford, Christina Longo of Branford, Brooke Lotto of Branford, Briana Lucatino of Northford, Cole Manceri of North Branford, Meghan McCarthy of North Branford, Tara Melaccio of Northford, Denisse Mercado of Branford, Jessie Meyer of Branford, Briana Miller of Branford, Danielle Montesanto of North Branford, Julia Munroe of Branford, Nguyen Nguyen of Branford, Allie O’Brien of Branford, Sean O’Connor of Northford, Dylan Palluzzi of Branford, Reitsuma Panta of Branford, Rick Paolini of Northford, Holly Parker of Branford, Jessica Parker of Branford, Jolee Parolise of Branford, Priya Patel of Branford, Francesca Pepe of Branford, Alexa Picciuto of North Branford, Rachel Pierpont of Northford, Nicole Proto of Branford, Megan Rabuffo of North Branford, Victoria Ramada of North Branford, Jennifer Rondo of Branford, Savannah Rosati of Northford, Seong Seok of Branford, Bhumika Shah of Branford, Bradley Smith of Branford, Christina Smith of Branford, Megan Souza of North Branford, Richard Szeligowski of Branford, Scott Thompson of Northford, Samantha Traylor of Branford, Alisha Vailette of Branford, Cory Williams of Branford, and Sarah Williams of Northford.
• University of Vermont: Carolyn Caminear of Branford, Hudson Cassello of Branford, Kathryn Cooke of Branford, Carmen Garofalo of Branford, Hailey Nelson of Branford, and Skylar Sandler of Branford.Academic and Extracurricular Achievements
• Lauren Birbarie of Branford graduated from Colby-Sawyer College with an associate’s degree in liberal arts.
• Connor Bradshaw of Branford graduated from Emmanuel College with a B.S. in biology (health sciences).
• Hunter Carden of Branford graduated from UMass Dartmouth with a BFA.
• Andrew Cooney of Northford graduated from Assumption College.
• Curry College Graduates: Mariana Delgaudio of North Branford, and Michael Demaio of Branford.
• Patrick Day of Branford graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College.
• Alexandria Marie DeCapua-Guarino of Branford, the daughter of Dawn and Jerry Guarino, graduated with a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. DeCapua-Guarino is continuing her medical training in general surgery at Geisinger Health System in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
• Mariana Delgaudio of North Branford was inducted into the Alexander Graham Bell (AGB) Honor Society at Curry College.
• Eastern Connecticut State University’s CREATE Conference Participants: Kyle Hottin of North Branford, and Gregory Scheiber of Northford.
• Eastern Connecticut State University Graduates: Allison Greenberg of Branford, Kyle Hottin of North Branford, Kyle Kranich of Branford, Michael Monack of Branford, Samantha Pimer of Northford, Rachel Potenziani of North Branford, and Taylor Quijano of Branford.
• Fairfield University Graduates: Andrew Kraus of Branford, and Justin T. Pelazza of Branford.
• Jana Ferraro of North Branford graduated from McDaniel College.
• Nicolle Marie Finn of Northford graduated with a B.S. in medical studies from King’s College.
• Michael Forgione of North Branford received a M.S. in health/wellness management from Merrimack College.
• Victoria Giannotti of Branford graduated from Merrimack College.
• Zoe C. Gibson of Branford was elected to Phi Beta Kappa at Colby College. She also recently graduated from Colby College.
• Abigail Gurall of Branford graduated from the Frank H. Netter M.D. School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University.
• Robert Glen Hacker of Branford graduated with a degree in biology from James Madison University.
• Rachel Ingraham of Branford received the departmental award for environmental science at Assumption College’s Honors Convocation.
• Lorrie Kiley of North Branford was recently inducted into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi at University of Bridgeport.
• Caitlyn Lyon of North Branford received a Department Book Prize for Excellence in History by the history department at the University of Rhode Island.
• Marist College Graduates: Alyssa Denardis of North Branford, Matthew Edwards of North Branford, and Kelly Smith of Branford.
• Emily McColl of Branford was recently selected to present at the annual Castleton Scholars Celebration: A Showcase of Original Student Work; and was recently awarded the Castleton College Academic Excellence Award.
• Meredith McConnell of Branford received the Trinity College Book Award at Sacred Heart Academy’s Honors Convocation.
• Mercy High School Graduates: Melanie Cirillo of Branford, Meghan Fusco of Branford, Caitlyn Rebeschi of Northford, and Michelle Theilgard of North Branford.
• Caitlin Marlowe O’Neill, the daughter of Tina Marlowe and Kevin O’Neill of Branford, graduated from Duke Law School.
• Dallas Ortiz of Branford received a M.A. in clinical psychology from American International College.
• Elisa Palmieri of Northford was presented with the Mother Clelia Merloni Award at the Sacred Heart Academy Honors Convocation.
• Stephen Pawlowicz of Branford was inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma at Quinnipiac University.
• Taryn Pierce has been named as a recipient of the Juliette A. Southard Scholarship. Pierce is dental assisting student currently enrolled at the Porter and Chester Institute’s Branford campus.
• Olivia Pietrogallo of Northford received the Wellesley College Book Award at Sacred Heart Academy’s Honors Convocation.
• Katie Quinlan of Branford was a presenter at Union College’s annual Steinmetz Symposium Day.
• Quinnipiac University Graduates (Graduate Students): Katharine Beckert of Branford (M.S. in interactive media), Katie Brown of Branford (doctor of nursing practice), Jillian Buonafede of Branford (doctor of nursing practice), Andrew Calamita of North Branford (MBA), Colin Conte of Branford (MBA), Christina Del Rosso of Branford (master of occupational therapy), Ryan Dombrowski of Branford (M.A. in teaching secondary education), Pacific Giordano of Branford (master of social work), Leslie Habelow of Branford (M.A. in teaching elementary education), Kevin Keating of Branford (sixth-year diploma in educational leadership), Marisa Laudano of North Branford (M.A. in teaching elementary education), Catherine Nuzzo of Branford (M.S. in instructional design), Stephen Pawlowicz of Branford (MBA), Kate Rooney of Branford (doctor of nursing practice), Brian Shattuck of Branford (master of social work), and Anthony Vannucci of Branford (master of health science physician assistant).
• Quinnipiac University Graduates (Undergrad Students): Nicole Burke of North Branford (B.A. in interactive digital design), Audra Catania of North Branford (B.S. in nursing), Taylor Eaton of North Branford (B.S. in nursing), Rebecca Folz of North Branford (B.A. in mathematics), Courtney Kent of Branford (B.S. in health science studies), Robert Klouda of Branford (B.S. in computer information systems), Brendan Labanara of Branford (B.A. in political science), Lisa MacLachlan of Branford (B.S. in health science studies), Cody Michaels of Branford (B.S. in health science studies), Zelia Pantani of Branford (B.S. in computer information systems), Edward Peach-Keyes of Branford (B.S. in computer information systems), Marissa Romano of North Branford (B.S. in nursing), Margaret Sullivan of North Branford (B.S. in nursing), and Maria Turcio of Branford (B.S. in nursing).
• Scott Raffone of Northford was inducted into Middlesex Community College’s chapter of Phi Theta Kappa.
• Sacred Heart Academy 4.0 Gold Tassel Scholars: Elisa Palmieri of Northford, and Alicia Pekar of Branford.
• Salve Regina University Graduates: Brandan Basil of Northford, Christopher Caron of Northford, Patricia Socarras of Northford, and Lucca Torquato of Branford.
• Michelle Theilgard of North Branford received the Mercy Athlete of the Year from Mercy High School.
• Union College Graduates: Katherine Quinlan of Branford, Joshua Schwartz of Branford, and Lily Suhanovsky of Branford.
• University of Hartford Graduates: Daniel Cassidy of Northford, Kathryn Collins of Branford, Conor Daley of Branford, Erika D’Angelo of Northford, Evelyne Haldimann of North Branford, Rachel Hanchuruck of Branford, Claudine Lee of Branford, Daiyang Leng of Branford, and Karisma Patel of Branford.
• University of Vermont Graduates: Bradley Doyle of Branford, Rachel Hernandez of North Branford, Christopher Soloway of Branford, and Connor Sullivan of North Branford.
• Mary Kate Visnic of Branford graduated cum laude with a B.S. in nursing from the University of New Hampshire.
• Jesse R. Walters of North Branford took part in Western New England University’s spring production of Beauty and the Beast.
• Worcester Polytechnic Institute Graduates: Timothy Jakubiak of Branford (M.S. in electrical and computer engineering), Jessica Meinsen of Branford (M.S. in manufacturing engineering), and Nicholas Pataky of Branford (B.S. in management information systems with high distinction).
• Jadelynn Ye of Branford was honored in CCM Divisional Honors Night. Ye is a public relations major at Champlain College.Honor Roll Students
• Xavier High School, 3rd Quarter, 2016-’17: Noah A. Ackerman of Northford, Ryan P. Cadwell of North Branford, Michael T. Cariglio of Branford, Alec G. Cottiero of Northford, Andrew J. Czarnecki of North Branford, John H. Flanagan of Northford, Evan T. Jasek of Branford, Anthony A. Lucibello III of Northford, Tommaso Martone of Northford, Daniel J. McCormack of Northford, Ben C. Neubig of Northford, Justin C. Prete of Northford, Jonathan F. Savona of North Branford, Benjamin T. Scecina-White of Branford, Gavin W. Sherban of Northford, Brian F. Tiernan of Branford, and Marcus J. Williams of North Branford.
Love Local News?
Love Local News?
Spring has arrived and sho has our Spring on the Shoreline guide!
The 2018 Madison Chamber of Commerce Guide has arrived