To make updates to your Zip06 account or requets changes to your newspaper delivery, please choose an option below.
If you have an account, please login! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
A Zip06 account will allow you to post to the online calendar, contribute to News From You, and interact with the Zip06 community. It's free to sign-up!Click here to get started!
We're happy you've decided to join the Zip06 community. Please fill out this short registration form to begin sharing content with your neighbors.
We can help! Enter the email address registered to your account below to have your password emailed to you.
Fill out the form below to email this story to a friend×
The Guilford Courier publishes a Police Incident Report to inform residents of incidents, criminal activities, and police responses occurring in town. As those charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty, the report does not include names. It may be edited for space and content.
Thursday, Nov. 7
• A 52 year-old North Branford woman was arrested at 2:15 p.m. and charged with disorderly conduct, assault in the third degree, and threatening in the second degree.
• A larceny was investigated at the Guilford High School business office, 701 New England Road. A check was altered.
• A domestic dispute was investigated at 2:15 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 8
• A 29 year-old Branford man was arrested at 4:25 a.m. and charged with breach of peace in the second degree and violation of a protective order.
• A domestic dispute was investigated at 2:02 a.m.
• A domestic dispute was investigated at 11:17 a.m.
• A landlord/tenant dispute was investigated on the 1000 block of Durham Road at 1:01 p.m. The landlord was on the property with his/her attorney. Eviction was served and the female renter was given until the end of the month to vacate the property.
Saturday, Nov. 9
No arrests were made.
• A complaint about fraud was investigated at 72 State Street at 3:58 p.m.
• A report of a suspicious person was investigated at 1809 Great Hill Road at 5:51 p.m. A caller reported that he/she observed a man on security cameras walking around the house. The man was a worker from Anderson Windows looking over the property.
Sunday, Nov. 10
• A 43 year-old man of Joshua Point was arrested at 8:10 p.m. and charged with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and traveling unreasonably fast following a motor vehicle stop near 20 Boston Street.
• A report of a suspicious motor vehicle was investigated at 625 Boston Post Road at 1:36 a.m. Police learned that two people were talking in a parked vehicle. There were no issues and all was in order.
Monday, Nov. 11
No arrests were made.
• Harassment was investigated on S. Union Street at 9:02 a.m.
• A complaint about ashes being dumped in a back yard was reported at 51 Mohawk Trail at 11:21 a.m.
• A complaint about bank fraud was investigated at 700 Village Walk at 11:40 a.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 12
• A 33 year-old Branford man was arrested at 3:20 p.m. and charged with larceny in the fourth degree.
• A 53 year-old Branford man was arrested at 7:30 p.m. and charged with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and failure to maintain the proper lane of a multiple-lane highway following a motor vehicle stop on Sam Hill Road near Water Street.
• A burglary was investigated at 2:54 p.m. The location and all details were redacted by police.
• A complaint about fraud was investigated at 155 Lower Road at 5:16 p.m. The complainant was a victim of a scam and money was moved from a bank account. The scammer only transferred money from the complainant’s business checking account to the complainant’s personal checking account. The bank investigated. The complainant wanted the incident documented.
Wednesday, Nov. 13
• A 32 year-old man of Joyce Street was arrested at 9:20 p.m. and charged with risk of injury to a minor, disorderly conduct, and assault in the third degree.
• Harassment was investigated on the 600 block of Boston Post Road at 7:16 a.m. A security officer received numerous emails from a customer.
• A report of an injured owl in the roadway was investigated by the animal control officer on New England Road near Schoolside Lane at 7:78 a.m. The owl was brought to a Branford vet who handles injured wildlife.
• A complaint about fraud was investigated at 7:58 a.m. The location and all details were redacted by police.
• A complaint about fraud was investigated at 17 Loyal Ledge Lane at 10:31 a.m. The complainant gave personal information to a social security scam caller.
• A vehicle repossession of conducted at 1067 Great Hill Road by Skyline Recover Service at 10:45 a.m.
• A complaint about bank fraud was investigated at 66 Russet Drive at 4:05 p.m.
• Domestic disputes were investigated at 7:31 and 8:52 p.m. The locations were redacted police.
The Guilford Police Department installs children’s car seats free for the asking. Call 203-453-8061 for information.
The Guilford Police Department operates an anonymous tip line to report any criminal suspicious activity for investigation at 203-453-8240.
Senior correspondent Jason J. Marchi compiles the Police Incident Report.
Get ready to celebrate the holidays with our helpful guide