This is a printer-friendly version of an article from Zip06.com.05/20/2015 03:30 PM
Business and Organization Updates
• Bradley D. Kronstat, CPA, of Guilford has been named Treasurer of the Connecticut Society of CPAs. He works in finance for Connecticut Gardens, Inc. dba Agway in North Branford.
• Jan Ferraro of North Branford has been hired as director of education for Acelleron Medical Products based in Guilford, which predominately sells postnatal and pediatric medical equipment throughout the Northeast. In her new role, Ferraro will educate pregnant women about the Affordable Care Act and breast pumps.
• Respond Systems, Inc. in Branford welcomed Lisa Miksis to the business on April 6 as the Vice President and Director of Marketing. After spending the last seven years as Publisher of Shore Publishing, LLC, in Madison, Miksis is bringing her communications, operations, and marketing expertise to Respond. The company manufactures and sells magnetic therapy equipment and Class 3 and 4 lasers to the equestrian and small animal veterinary markets both nationally and internationally.
• Christine Woodman of North Branford was recently hired as Director of Human Resources for The Watermark at East Hill in Southbury.
• Marco Ramirez has joined V.F. McNeil Insurance to help further develop their growing client base. His responsibilities will include working with current clients and prospective clients to build and develop relationships. Jean Karacsonyi is V.F. McNeil’s new personal lines account manager. Karacsonyi will work directly with customers, account executives, and insurance company personnel.
• Phil Silverio, DPT, has been added to the growing Branford practice of Amity Physical Therapy. He will aid Michael Demetriades, DPT, a Branford resident, along with founder and Clinical Director Michael Dow. Silverio received his doctorate degree in physical therapy from Sacred Heart University.
• Branford resident Christopher Norwood has joined Pearce Real Estate as a residential sales associate, and will work from the Guilford office.
• Brewer Yacht Sales has launched a new website, www.breweryacht.com. Key features include responsive design, larger photos, advanced search options, and social media sharing.View highlights on the following video: https://vimeo.com/118611398.
• Pathways Legal Group, LLP, expands its mediation department with the addition of Joe Brummer of Branford. Brummer, a leader in restorative justice and mediation, will help Pathways Legal Group expand its divorce mediation practice. Pathways, an alternative law practice that brings together diverse professionals to offer innovative solutions to its clients, has teamed with Joe Brummer on several community mediation projects in the part, and is excited to have him join the Pathways Team as a mediator.
• Louis Silva of Northford has been promoted to cash management sales officer, assistant vice president at Bankwell. Silva was previously branch manager of Bankwell’s North Haven branch. In his new role, he will be responsible for delivering a full suite of Cash Management services to commercial customers throughout New Haven County.
Awards, Grants, and Recognition
• Jessica Castillo, manager of 280 Branford Road, North Branford McDonald’s, is one of the the “Outstanding Restaurant Manager” Award winners for Connecticut. McDonald’s recognizes the top 10 percent of restaurant managers nationwide.
• Attorney Elizabeth L. McMahon was presented with The Honorable Anthony V. DeMayo Pro Bono Award at the Connecticut Bar Association’s annual awards celebration at the Oakdale in Wallingford. McMahon owns the Law Offices of Elizabeth L. McMahon in Branford.
• Ceil Jones of the Branford office was recently named one of Coldwell Banker’s top managers in Connecticut for 2014.
• Mary Beth Canavan, residential sales associate, has been named Pearce Real Estate’s 2014 Top Producer for the Branford office.
• The Branford Community Foundation, the leader in supporting a variety of local philanthropic needs, programs and services for 35 years, has distributed a $5,000 grant to SARAH, Inc. to support and enhance recreation and social activities to residents of Branford and the surrounding communities with differing abilities.
• The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven’s $10,000 grant to the Agency on Aging will support its AARP Experience Corps intergenerational literacy program. Experience Corps is an AmeriCorps program, a member of the National Service Network. AARP Experience Corps – Greater New Haven has been providing intergenerational literacy tutoring since 2007. Serving in Hamden and New Haven schools and New Haven Reads after-school site, Experience Corps’ older adult volunteers help young students who are struggling to learn to read. Experience Corps volunteers also promote literacy in the community by giving out gently used children’s books at community events.
• One of V.F. McNeil Insurance’s newest account executives, Salvatore D’Angelo, recently achieved the AAI® (Accredited Advisor in Insurance) designation.