Menu

December 14, 2018  |  

×
Contact
Your Neighbors. Your News.

My Account

To make updates to your Zip06 account or requets changes to your newspaper delivery, please choose an option below.

Welcome to Zip06.com!

If you have an account, please login! If you don't have an account, you can create one.

Login

Sign-Up!

A Zip06 account will allow you to post to the online calendar, contribute to News From You, and interact with the Zip06 community. It's free to sign-up!

Click here to get started!

Register for Zip06

We're happy you've decided to join the Zip06 community. Please fill out this short registration form to begin sharing content with your neighbors.

You must enter your first name.
You must enter your last name.
You must enter a username
You must enter a valid email address
Show password
You must enter a valid zip code

Submit to Zip06

Forget Your Password?

We can help! Enter the email address registered to your account below to have your password emailed to you.

Submit an Announcement

Probity, Ingenuity, and Intelligence

Published Oct. 31, 2018

Email This Story

Fill out the form below to email this story to a friend

×

A mailer arrived at my house this past week that was so full of erroneous implications and information about State Senate candidate Norm Needleman that I am compelled to publicly correct some of it.

First, the truth about taxes in Essex: In Norm’s four terms as first selectman in Essex, taxes have remained lower than 90 percent of all other municipalities in the state. And, this year the property tax rate in Essex was lowered.

Second, the truth about Norm Needleman’s salary: When state support evaporated, he reduced the salary he accepted by 75 percent and donated the remaining 25 percent to area charities. To call it “wasteful spending” is more than misleading, it is an outright lie.

Norm Needleman is as much an “honest Abe” character as I have seen in politics. He is totally committed to public service. He has solved Essex’s problems with probity, ingenuity, and intelligence and now he wants to bring these character traits and skills to Hartford where, by the way, he will not accept a salary.

Claire K. Matthews
Essex

Love Local News?

Get it Delivered Right to Your Inbox!

Sign-Up for Weekly Newsletters!