Menu

July 19, 2019  |  

×
Contact
Your Neighbors. Your News.

My Account

To make updates to your Zip06 account or requets changes to your newspaper delivery, please choose an option below.

Welcome to Zip06.com!

If you have an account, please login! If you don't have an account, you can create one.

Login

Sign-Up!

A Zip06 account will allow you to post to the online calendar, contribute to News From You, and interact with the Zip06 community. It's free to sign-up!

Click here to get started!

Register for Zip06

We're happy you've decided to join the Zip06 community. Please fill out this short registration form to begin sharing content with your neighbors.

You must enter your first name.
You must enter your last name.
You must enter a username
You must enter a valid email address
Show password
You must enter a valid zip code

Submit to Zip06

Forget Your Password?

We can help! Enter the email address registered to your account below to have your password emailed to you.

Submit an Announcement

A Crucial Component

Published Sep. 26, 2018

Email This Story

Fill out the form below to email this story to a friend

×

As the Killingworth representative to the 9-Town Transit Board of Directors, I am writing to support Christine Cohen as the next state senator for Connecticut’s 12th District. I am confident that she will energetically carry on Senator Ted Kennedy, Jr.’s legacy of supporting public transportation on the shoreline.

The 9-Town Transit organization provides bus service that connects cities and towns in Connecticut from Middletown and Hartford to New Haven. As anyone who experiences traffic on I-95 knows congestion is stressful, and unnecessary time spent in traffic is a drain on our local economy. Public transportation provides an important alternative, alleviating congestion as well as stress on the environment: At current rates, taking public transportation saves 855 million gallons of fuel per year, or roughly one quarter of the energy need to power all American homes annually. Each day, 14 million Americans take public transportation, and with the support of our local legislators, there could be more.

Senator Kennedy was instrumental in supporting 9-Town Transit in budget legislation and working with the Connecticut Department of Transportation to receive a 20 percent match in funds, with the other 80 percent provided by the Federal Transportation Administration. In Christine Cohen, the shoreline has a candidate who will work with colleagues in Hartford to build on Senator Kennedy’s accomplishments, and ensure the future public transportation in the area, a crucial component to our economic growth.

Joan Gay
Killingworth

Love Local News?

Get it Delivered Right to Your Inbox!

Sign-Up for Weekly Newsletters!